Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Math Journals

Math Journals are a quick 5-10 minute activity that I use in my classroom.  I love that it can be a quick check of my students understanding of the concepts I've been teaching and I can also add in new concepts that are a preview to things to come.

I looked all over Teachers Pay Teachers for labels that were already made, could be printed on to mailing labels, were core aligned, and made for first grade.  BUT NO LUCK! So... I made my own, and I LOVE them!!

Quick, daily math journal labels. Aligned with common core and perfect for 1st grade!

Each label is aligned to 1st grade curriculum and can be done in as little as 5 minutes.  I start the year by placing the first label in my students' notebooks. Each day that we work in our Math Journals I give my students a new label.  I just do a quick check, star their paper, and stick a new label on the back of their hand. My students are responsible for placing the next journal label on the next blank page.  (...... Sometimes the next blank page is really the middle of the notebook!)


Math Journal Labels for the entire year (180 Labels)! Core Aligned to First Grade Standards

You can find Math Journal Labels for the entire school year HERE (That's 180 labels!), or find labels for each month here:


I also have a FREEBIE if you want to sample my Math Journal Labels to see if they are a good fit for your classroom too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment