Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Tie-Dye... Oh My!

I want to start by letting you know that I'm really not crazy! A few years ago I had an idea to tie-dye t-shirts with all of the 1st Grade students, we use them as our "uniform" for field trips.  The kids love them and they are a great way for us to keep track of our kiddos while we are away from the classroom.
Each time we take on this GIANT task I try to figure out how to do it better than the time before. It always amazes me how much fun the kids have with this activity.
They get to choose the design for their shirt and the colors.  We don't let them put any dye on the shirts because it's hard to control with the adults in the room!

Getting ready to rinse the extra dye out of the shirts...
Maybe I should have worn gloves while I rinsed!

Mrs. I is not allowed to tie double knots in the sacks anymore.
I'm glad my husband was at Wood Badge! He'll never know....

Close to done. We just need to rinse in vinegar and wash.  I love how bright the colors are and the run designs the kids chose.  Take a look at our hard work!
 That is 90 tie-dyed t-shirts!
 The side bulls-eye.

The crumple.

The rolled stripes. (Very Patriotic!)

I already have plans to improve for next year!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment