Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Giving Back ~ A Pajama Drive

During the month of December, my class has been bringing in pajamas to donate to our local homeless shelter. The idea to donate pajamas came from Scholastic Book Clubs.  They hold a Pajama Drive every year and match each donation with a book for children in need.

This is the first year my class has participated and I feel humbled and proud of my students and their families. Most of the pajamas donated were children sized so instead of donating to our local Aid for Friends, I made the decision to donate to our local Family Services Alliance for domestic abuse victims. They tend to have more children in need than our local homeless shelter.


I wish I could have taken my class on a field trip so they could have been a part of the entire process, but Christmas Break came WAY to fast!  I think this will become our class project every year.  I am definitely feeling the Spirit of Christmas now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment